Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MODA





Milan fashion week is coming to an end, and I was lucky enough to have to attend a day of shows.   It was just as I imagined it to be, loud music, skinny models, over the top clothing, and interesting people.  I was not that impressed by any of the clothing I saw, but a lot of the models were impressive and the whole day was extremely exciting and sensory overload!

While our class was only invited to one show, we quickly learned that boasting our Americanism, they were quick to let us into any other show of our choice.  At one point, all the journalists were yelling things at us.  I figured that we were in the way and they wanted us to move fast before the show started.  Then I hear la mia professora explain to them that we were "studenti americani" and that they were actually asking us who we were!  haha. After six shows in one day, I was exhausted.  

I was in Dublin (more later) this weekend during a lot of the big shows, but many students in my program took to the streets for some celebrity hunting and fashion-showing door busting.  My apartmentmates met Giorgio Armani, and there were many other Anna Wintour, Kate Hudson, Nina Garcia, and the list goes on and on of those who were stomping around my new locale.    

No comments:

Post a Comment