Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Battiglia delle Aranche!!!







It seems so long ago that I went to Ivrea, Italy for the Battliglia delle Aranche with my photo professor and some other students.  My friend Allison and I broke off from the pack as soon as we saw our peers purchasing red caps and headbands to signify that they did not want to get hit by any oranges.  We were there to get messy, and that goal was definitely accomplished! 

 The battle is a part of their Carnevale and there are a number of teams with carts that drive through the town and create a huge battle of flying oranges.  We hung out with three Italians all day and they bought us as much grappa as we needed to forget that an orange to the face might be a little painful.  

I don't know if the amount of fun I had in Ivrea can be topped the rest of this trip.  There was so much laughing all day.  Three weeks later and I still have dried orange smushies on my purse and boots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment