Thursday, February 19, 2009

The difficulty of it all....

...and by all I mean how awful I am at updating already.  But alas, I now have my laptop back in my hands, working!  Albeit totally wiped and dataless.  (Not to mention the day before it arrived, I became Ipod less).  The only song I have to listen to is a Tilly and the Wall cover of Outkast's Hey Ya that Ben e-mailed me.  Nothing gets me going in the morning quite like a crappy live version recording playing on repeat.  

Homework has really picked up; Italian teachers are pretty shoddy at conveying what they want to get across in English.  I have no doubt in their native tongue they are respectable and intelligent, but some hardly understand what they are saying to us, let alone how to respond when a student asks a question.  The discombobulation of the Italian culture is also very evident in their teaching styles and impromptu assignment giving.  This may be an interesting semester academic-wise (which has been at the forefront of my attention this week...even before what my next gelato flavor to try might be).  
Well, with that quick update, I leave you with some photos to feast your eyes on.  I have to get up in 4 hours for a flight to Rome for the weekend.  I promise there will be many pictures and stories to tell after the coming three days.  
Some may call it pathetic to be most excited to go to the 1 euro bin at a discount store in downtown Rome my friend Grace has been talking up.  I reply: I have never been much for touristy sight-then-gawk traveling, and my rummage skills are beyond belief. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel obligated to help you rebuild your music library.

    If you're interested, here's the new Lily Allen: http://www.mediafire.com/?qron40dmz3o

    ReplyDelete